The Skilled Nominated (Subclass 190) visa is a permanent resident visa for points-tested skilled workers who have received State or Territory government nomination and want to work and live in Australia.
- You may be in or outside Australia to lodge a valid visa application.
- This visa allows you to work, study and live in Australia.
- This is a Permanent resident visa and allows you to stay in Australia indefinitely.
Key Eligibility requirements
- You must be under 45 years of age.
- You must have a skilled occupation on the relevant State/Territory skilled occupation list.
- You must be able to demonstrate ‘Competent English’.
- You must have a positive skills assessment from the relevant skills assessing authority in relation to your nominated occupation.
- You must obtain the minimum score on the Points Test at the time of invitation to apply for the visa.
- You must be nominated by an Australian State or Territory agency.
- You must obtain an invitation to apply for the visa. To be invited you will need to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) in SkillSelect and meet the required points test on a competitive basis.
- You must satisfy certain Public Interest criteria and Special Return criteria.
- You must meet health and character requirements.
Please complete our FREE ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT to find out is this is the pathway for you.